Hayley Ruth Photography

Wednesday, 19 January 2011

All things vintage!

2011 is going to be a good year for everyone I think!

For me, plans are coming together for my Vintage Styling business and I have been very fortunate to have met some wonderful people over the last few months who are equally as excited as I am. 

With the excuse of my new venture, I dragged my Mum to Ardingly Antiques & Collectors Fair.  I have been meaning to go for years, so was really looking forward to it.  Although the bargains were thin on the ground, it was just great to see all the interesting stalls.  We didn't even stop for lunch, dedication for you!  We only stopped for coffee when we couldn't feel our toes - it was freezing.






I came away with three box brownies, two crates, a side table and a cushion!  Hayley from Hayley Ruth Photography http://www.hayleyruthphotography.co.uk/ was so excited about the cameras I let her take them home with her to play with.  She thinks she can get one to work - some real vintage photographs!

We had our first photo shoot yesterday which I loved.  Hayley worked so hard and I can't wait to see the images.  She has published a sneeky peek of one - what do you think of the little box brownie?




During the shoot, I noticed my neighbour wheeling an old mangle down the road.  He was soon wheeling it through my house into the garden!  After he told me he had just taken a dresser to the tip, I said if he had anything else to let me know.  My husband has now disowned me after I bought three metal trunks, a coal bucket, an old lawn mower, a sack barrow, a fire basket, a fender, a collection of metal bowls and a tea caddy for £20!  They will look great when I clean them up and just think how much they would have been at Ardingly!